Request a Room
Who qualifies to stay
- Families of children who are seriously or chronically ill or injured who are receiving treatment at an area hospital and live more than 25 miles away.
- Families are welcome to put in a room request for the night before admission or an appointment.
- Families are asked to leave within 24 hours of discharge from the hospital or last medical appointment in order to make room for another family.
- The House asks for a donation of $15 per night, per room per family. This only partially offsets the $72 cost per night to accommodate a family in one room.
- If you have a financial concern regarding this donation, please speak with our Social Worker or a Manager. No one is turned away based on the inability to pay.
Know before you go
- We supply families with linens for the room, including sheets and towels.
- No medications or breast milk are permitted to be stored in the kitchen’s refrigerators for safety purposes. A small refrigerator can be placed in your room.
- In order to keep costs low, each family is asked to clean their own room before checking out.
- Due to fire safety codes, we can only permit five people per room.
- We can only give one room per child in the hospital.
Room Request process
We operate on a room request, not a reservation system:
Make a room request online!
- Unfortunately, due to the nature of medical situations, we can never guarantee a family a room. We ask families to put in a room request either online or by phone. Then families are instructed to contact us by phone between the hours of 5-8 PM EST the night before their expected arrival date to confirm a room. You may contact us at 888-656-4847.
- All families must be checked into the House before 8 PM the day of arrival. Once you are at the House, a volunteer will check you into your room and give you a House tour. Please bring a photo ID for every adult staying at the House. You will receive one access card per room that allows you access to the House 24/7. Check out time is noon.